Every bride deserves to be the very special lady of the day and look her best. The hairdo, the makeup, the bridal trousseau and how the bride conducts herself is the focus of everybody's attention on this day and you will certainly feel much more comfortable, if you have already done the dress rehearsal first.
Here are some useful tips for the bride:
- To cover the reddish skin, use sheer color corrector and apply tinted moisturizer of yellowish green or olive green shade to neutralize it.
- Pink color blush is not for the wedding day, generally speaking. Try bronzer under cheekbones instead.
- Bright lip colors may be warm such as orange-red, orange-gold, copper and warm beiges, creams and caramels or cool such as fuchsia, magenta, blue-reds, shades of lilac and pink and make lips look plusher and fuller.
- Deep warm lip colors such as yellowish and orangish browns; mahogany, deep warm reds and chocolate and deep cool shades such as cool brown, taupe, deep purple, plum and blue-toned burgundy underplay too much thickness of lips.
- The subtle look can be achieved by using the air-brush a lot and sticking to light shades such as cream, gold, lime green and brown for warm skin undertones and lilac, plums and soft pink for cool skin undertones.
- Neutrals are the safest choice to make you seem a bride endowed with natural beauty.
- Be sure to coordinate you overall look: all the colors should have either warm or cool tone while your hair, make-up, jewelry and gown should correspond to the carefully chosen theme.
- Hairstyle is usually chosen, after completing the makeup to suit the looks of the bride.
- If you are not used to wearing heavy makeup, keep your hands away from blue and green eye shadows.
- For olive and dusky skinned ladies, maroons and brown lip colors are the safest bet as well as the golden tones.
- Hairstyles are often adorned with pearls, rhinestones, flower buds, golden lace, satin ribbons, jeweled hair bands and tiaras among other hair ornaments and may range from the simplest French braid or bud to complex and elaborate hairdos.
- Bridal makeup includes all the attention to the minutest of details. Don't overlook them for the finished look.
- A timeless makeup look will keep your wedding snaps fresher forever, so try not to give in to the fads of the day.
- Cream foundation with a high pigment level is recommended.
- Don't forget to cover your neck, chest, area behind your ears with foundation and makeup too.
- Morning weddings need natural look makeup while evening weddings need more formally adorned brides with darker makeup shades.
- Lighting also determines your makeup. A well-lit area uses lighter colors while deeper tones are good for darker areas. Fluorescent lighting will add a greenish tinge to everything so avoid green shades.
- Try not to be too dramatic but there is a secret seldom revealed: red lipstick makes teeth appear whiter!
Understand Your Skin Type
The first key to make-up is, understanding your skin type. People with different skin types require different type of make-up. Say, a woman having oily skin could not afford glossy make-up. Likewise, a girl with dry skin cannot use matt-finish make-up. However, a person with normal skin can experiment with any type of make-up. If you know your skin-type, it would be much easier for you to buy the right make-up products.
Check Out The Make-Up Products
As mentioned, markets are loaded with beauty products. Some of the make-up products for lips are lipstick, lip gloss, lip liner, lip plumper, lip balm, lip conditioner, and lip booster; for face are foundation, powder, rouge, blush or blusher, bronzer, and concealer; for eyes are mascara and lash extender, lash conditioner, eye liner, eye shadow, eye shimmer, and glitter eye pencils, eyebrow pencils, creams, waxes, gels and powders; for nails are nail polish, etc. Choose the products about to your requirements and skin type.
Types of Make-Up - To Know What Suits You The Best
Some people prefer to have natural look, while some wanted to have those stunning looks. It is a matter of choice that's for sure. For a sun-kissed look, women use more of bronzer and shimmers. However, makeup in the form of gel is usually used to impart wet-look. Women, who want to look beautiful at all times, get permanent make-up done which is actually a type of cosmetic surgery. However, ladies, who prefer natural look, opt for organic mineral make-up which contains mineral pigments and organic plant extracts, oils and waxes. Organic make-up is definitely good as it doesn't cause any harm to the skin or other body parts.
Make-Up According To Occasions
Every time you cannot afford to look like a princess. According to the occasion and time, you must make variations in your make-up. Say, on a hot summery day, glossy make-up or dark shades won't make you appealing to the onlooker. At that time, it would be better to use mild shades and sober make-up. For a social gathering, you must do make-up according to your attire and party-mood. Perhaps it is always better to use softer shades in summers; however dark shades appear okay at night. Likewise, dark shades and glossy make-up appear nice in winters. On daily basis, women like to do minimal make-up which is easy to apply, making them look naturally good.